One of the best kept secrets until now!
It's a film maker's dream just waiting to be discovered.
GENRE MOVIES | DOCUMENTARIES | TELEVISION | COMMERCIALS | MUSIC VIDEOS
VIDEO GAMES | DIGITAL MARKETING
Rebate rate between up to 30% of eligible expenditure. Minimum expenses in Portugal € 500.000 for fiction, animation and € 250.000 for documentaries and post production.
Portugal has four well defined seasons. The winter brings snow covered mountains while it remains mild at lower levels. In spring the blossom covered trees form a carpet of colour across the hills, mountain and valleys with ancient castles and small villages surrounded by haunting early morning mist.
The long warm summers feature blue skies and clear nights and are followed by the golden and red tones of autumn. These make an outstanding backdrop to any film production, especially when combined with varied age and architecture of the buildings in the region.
Centro Region’s peerless 5,000 year heritage and dazzling history, including world renowned museums, palaces, fortresses and castles make the area a perfect choice for film makers looking for something different and can help to bring any film to life.
From spectacular modern and Gothic architecture to abandoned medieval villages and prehistoric caves. From epic valleys and mountains to mind blowing vistas and fantasy landscapes. From dramatic rivers to otherworldly coastlines. It’s a new world for the global film making community! A land of living and breathing film sets, incredibly friendly and helpful locals, a talented and resourceful workforce combined with fantastic weather, long daylight hours and very atmospheric winters.
Unlike the popular European filming destinations that have featured repeatedly in different films, HHP Studios can help to give your movies the unique and fantastic look they deserve.
The region is famous for its hospitality, the varied gastronomy and exclusive wine. We have secured the best deals with council departments, hotels, catering companies, security and safety services, logistics, equipment and vehicle renting.
PORTUGAL CENTRO REGION
• Coimbra is the capital of Portugal Centro Region.
• Good standard of life.
• Stable and safe environment (5th safest country in the world).
• A range of worldwide settings from the present day to prehistoric times.
• Long hours of day light and superb weather and atmospheric winters.
• Very competitive rates for crews, artists and extras.
• English and Spanish is widely spoken.
• Fast travel routes from the USA and UK with excellent travel connections and very regular flights.
• Efficient tax system.
• Sharing the same time zone as London UK and with most people able to speak English and Spanish.
• Locations that can double for: USA, Canada, Italy, France, Mexico, Brazil and ancient medieval Europe.